View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 03:12   Link #179
7thFonon
seventh

So I just finished watching Episode 20 of FMA Brotherhood and I am just confused.... Not sure how to make a spoiler icon, so I'll just give a warning that my post might be a spoiler to some....

spoilers

Anyways, I have a question about the humans transmuted (like Ed's Mom). I'm a little confused about this. The body in Ed's mother's grave was a male. So were there two grave-sites??

What I mean is.... Ed's mom died first (before transmutation) and she was buried. That was definitely Trisha (Ed's Mom).

So when Ed and Al fail at reviving Trisha, her in-human body is buried at a different location than her first grave-site right? It couldn't have been buried at the same grave-site she was originally buried in because Trisha's "real" body would still be there (since that Transmutation wasn't actually her), and Ed would see that there were now two bodies....

Then Al's soul went to that in-human body, but it was rejected.... So for the transmutation, Al basically traded his original body for another body (the transmuted body)? Who could they have possibly transmuted for that extra body when using their blood? At first I thought (using what I know from the first FMA) it could have been Al's body from the "other side", but that couldn't be since Ed said that the hair was black and Al's hair is more like blonde.

So I'm pretty confused on this whole subject. I've never read the manga, so there is probably more to come that will help me understand... But at this point, I'm just not getting what's going on with this "not actually being Ed's Mom".
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote