View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 06:31   Link #403
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Then, be the best, safest caption for that spoiler. Because I had assumed, that, by itself it shouldn't have anything to do with the series itself unless it had specifically indicated events from the LNs... which it hasn't btw.

Question: if only a technical question is asked, how can it potentially spoil someone in a series like SAO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because it hints at the existence of things that people don't already know about. Our spoiler policy isn't just about "whether it will ruin the plot", but about whether it reveals anything that the reader doesn't know.

This may not be the definition that is applied everywhere in the world, but that is the meaning we apply here. If you tell me anything I could not have known based on what I've seen or read, that's a spoiler (it gives something -- anything -- away). We use the anime as a baseline in most cases because we're primarily an anime forum.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...
And it could accidentally reveal a bigger spoiler by connecting bits and pieces of information (or little spoilers).
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote