View Single Post
Old 2006-10-23, 06:56   Link #287
bluerogue
PEWPEW LASER SWORDMASTER

Send a message via AIM to bluerogue
I've just seen Episode one, courtesy of GG fansubs.

This series seems to have a huge potential. Political controversy, crazy mecha fights, decent character designs, and a likable yet certificably insane lead.

First and foremost, I've been reading alot of comments in this thread bashing the way the mechas are built; I for one like them, they add a sense of flow and versatility that you can't get with gundam seed type mechas.

The moves on the Nightmares are simply astounding. *skates up two buildings does a backflip and spins*

Gundam seed tended to replay the same fight scenes over and over again throughout each episode; I have high expectations for this series, if the mecha battles follow suit we should be prepared for some pretty cool scenes.

Although the character designs resemble kira/athrun *they also have that whole childhood friends thing going on for them* the mentalities, actions, and personalities don't. I think that this series is going to have deeper, more heartwarming characters than gundam seed.

I like the chess analogies. Being a casual chess player myself, I can't pragmatically adhere to the whole 'if a king doesnt move his subjects won't follow' thing, but I still appreciate the insight this provides us to lelouch's world view.

The character designs are simply breathtaking. Sharp, flowy, sexy, cute, amazing; All and all this will be one of the series I will excitedly await this season. Hopefully it'll gain a bit more steam and get stickied to the Current Series thread listing.

BTW: The setting is fictional, no hard feelings; as a person who prides in being american, a term shrouded in ambiguity, I don't see how something so trivial could get on so many peoples' nerves. The blind nationalism, if anything, should rally <3 for lelouch's diabolical whims, not hate towards the anti-american producer of the anime.

Judge the anime, not the animators. If he wishes to vocalize his views towards America, more power to him. Regardless, I won't let something so stupid ruin a *hopefully consistently* great mecha show.

On another thought... GAAF I WANT SPEEDSUBS! This anime has been exalted by 4-5 prestigious anime bloggers, has a kickass op and ed, and has clamp character designs/sunrise animating it; HOW HAS IT ONLY ATTRACTED ONE FANSUBBING GROUP (although admittedly, I'm insanely grateful to gg for fansubbing)! IMO greyman is tried and true, action anime of the week; code geass has the potential to be something great, or intriguing at the very least. Ep 3 is out, and I can't bring myself to watch the raws! *seeing the scenes without knowing what theyre saying... just ruins it the second time, sort of spoils it without actually spoiling it*
bluerogue is offline   Reply With Quote