View Single Post
Old 2010-04-06, 01:00   Link #73
kujoe
from head to heel

I like the new OP, but I would have to say the third one is still my most favourite. The current one finishes on a nice, warm note—with Ed sleeping while Winry is watching over him,—but the third opening lends itself to repeat viewings much more easily for me.

As for the episode itself, I can pretty much say that it continues to build up to what seems to be a promising finale. Even the point where it ends with the new ED playing in the background plays up this expectation even more. While we seem to be approaching the end of this series, I would have to say that the overall plot makes a whole lot more sense to me than the 'spin off' first season with its dimensionl gate/alternate world premise for alchemy. This alone makes this series much more favoured than the first, especially since this follows the author's original vision of the story more faithfully.

Olivier continues to be my kind of woman , and Kimblee is still my kind of villain. My fantasy match up would be to see these two fight to the bloody and bitter end—but alas, that's most likely not going to happen anytime soon.