View Single Post
Old 2011-12-30, 09:31   Link #848
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Nichijyou was far from safe. It wasn't popular to begin with. It had hard to moe-fy character designs. It had a niche type of humor. Nichijyou was a comedy. Safe for KyoAni is moe.

btw, Nichijyou wasn't a 4koma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh, I'm not "trashing" it because it's romance (I don't even think "trashing" is the right word) - heck, it'll probably be decent (but nothing memorable, as was the case of just about every other rom-com anime I've watched the last three years). It's just that rom-com's are pretty much a "safe" genre because all those lonely loveless otakus will always devour such stories. Kyoani wouldn't even have to try hard - just put a love triangle, some pretty drawings and animations (and don't forget Fanservice! Tits! Stockings! All the she-bang!) and Bam! Enough money to overcome Nichijou's disappointing sale.

And no, this won't be the first time Kyoani plays it lazy/easy *cough* Endless Eight *cough*
More Haruhi would overcome Nichijyou's bad sales. Rewrite or LB! would overcome them. I think that Kadokawa just wants to use KyoAni to promote some of their properties more than anything. Same case with Nichijyou, the only difference is that this is more marketable.

Also. E8 wasn't lazy. There was obviously a lot effort put into them. Its either stupidity or trolling, not laziness imho.