View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 19:57   Link #295
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Also, another reason why we shouldn't take this "the Nanoha movies are real movies in the main Nanohaverse" thing all too seriously. The last movie sound stage had a side that took place on Mid Childa and featured the Materials going there. Trouble is, Nanoha, Hayate and Fate recognized them, which would mean that the timeline where the movies are shown is the PSP timeline.
I understood that differently. While the movies are movies in the main timeline (ToS, A's, StrikerS, ViVid, FORCE, Reinforce is mercy killed on Christmas) none of the Sound Stages you mentioned touched that: on one, movieverse!Nanoha and Fate visit the Materials (BoA timeline), on the another the adult N+F+H recognize the materials so it's also the BoA timeline.

Gears of Destiny went to some lengthe to reference the Folrian sisters "hadn't changed the timeline" or something like that[1] by mentioning memory blocks and records deleted, trying to imply the BoA-verse followed the steps of the main timeline after Reinforce's death: the JS incident with Vivio becoming Nanoha's mother and Thoma not-unisoning with Lily, meeting Isis and eventually managing to control his power being instructed under Hayate.

[1] Yeah, sure. Remove some very powerful mages from their time (even if willingly) and say you didn't changed the timeline

But yeah, from what I understand it seems like the movies are both movies in the main timeline and an accurate representation of what happened in another timeline. I 'll just MST3K Mantra on that. *shrugs*
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote