Thread: THE iDOLM@STER
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-17, 00:54   Link #26
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
...after all, even Freud (puportedly) said, 'sometimes... a cigar is just a cigar'.
C'est une pipe, non?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
How can you determine that it isn't creepy for anyone? we do not represent everyone in the world. I can probably find a million things that happens in Zimbabwe that both of us would agree is just utterly scary. People are scared of what they are scared of. If even one person in the world finds Idolmaster creepy, then it is creepy for that one person. It's not about should or should not be.

When you are playing Idolmaster, you ARE staring at underaged girls for 99% of its gametime. I sense a bit of delusion from the people who are defending this game - it is what it is. If the girls weren't underaged, the game wouldn't have sold as well. People who buy this game want to stare at underaged girls all day.
^This was good until the last two lines. Not all of the girls are underaged, and personally, I don't even see that as the "creepiness"; it's the fact that the game gives you a handful of pretty girls/women to train. How can you possibly deny that this game has absolutely no moe/cuteness undertones in it? Considering that moe is often linked to objectification. I don't mind it when in fiction, but I won't stand up and scream that moe should be accepted by everyone and isn't an issue.

Man wtf, I'm leaving this thread. It's getting too hot and flamey.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote