View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 09:00   Link #295
vampko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I can see many possible scenarios that'll pave the way for Shougo to marry his half-sister:

(a) Shougo was actually adopted, so he's not related by blood to his half-sister.

(b) The mother of the half-sister lied. "Of course your father is Kumagurou. He can't acknowledge you because it'll be such a scandal". Meanwhile, the real woman who had the affair with Kumagorou moved to France with her daughter.

(c) The real imouto died of a childhood accident/illness and her sister (born from the woman who had an affair with Kumagorou and another man) decided to take her place and fulfil her dying wish. I'm favoring this scenario: marrying your sibling/cousin is something a child would come up with, and discarded when the child grows up.

I doubt Ikusu is the imouto though. Sure, it'll be a gotcha! moment no one saw coming, but I don't think this is what the anime is aiming for. The anime is like a "Who did it" murder mystery. It leaves misleading clues around that throws the audience's guess off. Just when you thought it is none other than person A, the show leads you to doubt your original choice by showing more incriminating evidence against person B. Then you think person A is innocent.. or is she?
But there have been a fair amount of clues leading to her. We don't know her age, her name, or why she suddenly is the one to help him out. Why didn't she bother stopping the girls from taking advantage of him when she was clearly nearby?

Why is she so mysterious? There's no guarantee that the sister even wants to marry him, as I think you said in this post.

And, I don't think you're pushing this issue, but it would be more of an 'LOL we got ya' if it were Miyabi or Konoe.

Last edited by vampko; 2012-07-30 at 09:01. Reason: typo
vampko is offline   Reply With Quote