Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-07, 16:57   Link #756
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So some people on this thread like a character depending on:

1. whether the character (and also person on this forum) is S or M
2. whether they like the sterotype of the character or not

So.... since people want to make predictions about who Souma will end up with at the end.... let's try to imagine that Souma is a member of this forum and is using the above template!

Souma toward Erina

1. Erina clearly thinks of herself as S-type. Souma seems to be either neutral or S, but not M, so this is going against an Erina romance as long as there is no "melting-the-ice-queen-effect"
2. Erina is a tsundere. Until now Souma, at best, FRIENDZONED her (typical shounen protagonist trait)

Souma toward Megumi

1. Megumi seems to be quite weak willed when it comes to interacting with other people. She seems to be either neutral or M-type. Souma used Megumi as a "food tasting slave" once already, which shows that Souma at least got a bit of S-type inside him.
2. Megumi is... (I am not sure if a "-dere" type exists for her, but anyway,) she is a very shy character, who admires Souma quite a lot. She is also his colleague, which, for now, puts her into the FRIENDZONE (typical shounen protagonist trait)

Conclusion:

The first barrier is whether the author wants to include a romance AT ALL, but the scene with Souma's father talking about cooking for Souma's mother may be a hint that Souma will go through something similar (if the series can hold itself alive until that time).

The second barrier is different for both characters:
Erina must go through go through the "melting-the-ice-queen-effect" phase, and change quite a bit, else I think her chances are very bad. But that would at the same time weaken her "Queen" image for some people.
Megumi has to awaken her own feelings first and then make Souma notice her. As she is his colleague this may not be easy though.

Overall I think both have about equal chances... I think there is still a high chance that it could end with "endless denseness".

Ok... something that was supposed to be a joke post accidently transformed into a semi-serious analysis.