View Single Post
Old 2009-10-04, 00:40   Link #221
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
@ChibiBear

If you view the epitaph in a chronological order.

This:
"The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.
One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land."
comes after twilight 3 to 9.

Therefore, Eva must have gone through (if she did it correctly) those "killing twilights" to gain the gold from the golden land.

And for the other treasures, I think they would gain it when the mystery is solved. Everyone becomes united against this "evil Beatrice" and prevent the tradegy from happening.

Naturally, the love of siblings/cousins/cousinXservants would be found.

The resurrection of the souls of the dead. In other words, if the living were supposed to die, but managed to scrape past a near death experience, it sure does sound like a resurrection. And thus it won't literally imply a dead person rising from the grave i guess.

And if this "evil beatrice" is defeated. The mystery of beatrice is unveiled. Maybe Beatrice was like the "so-called Oyashiro-sama", once the truth about this beatrice is found. No longer would anyone blame "beatrice" and her legend would be put to rest.
I wonder if you can have all the four treasures or if you can just choose one of them. In the witch's record it says that the ones that reached the golden land only chose one. However it's not like the witch's record is so reliable imho.

anyway the last part is probably the mos cryptic part of the riddle, because it doesn't look like a riddle at all. Anyway probably "to put the witch to sleep" is the real ending of the ceremony. In fact the epitaph ends by wishing Beatrice a good eternal sleep. So what's this idea of the epitaph having as a purpose the revival of the witch? Isn't it the total opposite in the end?

I guess we have been all tricked by Maria's wrong interpretation!