View Single Post
Old 2015-10-28, 21:28   Link #15
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It depends on the source material.

Original anime? 2 cours at most. I start losing interest after the 2nd cour real fast, unless it is really good. I'm actually glad that Shirobako for example ended at 2 cours, though I wouldn't mind another 2 cours if it gets another green light, but that's only because it is Shirobako.

Adaptation? Light Novels are pretty wonky. On one hand, SaeKano did 4 volumes in 12 episodes, and it didn't feel rushed at all. On the other, Strike the Blood had mostly 4 episodes per volume, and even then I still felt the pacing a little bit rushed. On the extreme ends, Rokka no Yuusha did 1 volume for the entire cour, and the pacing was good in one hand. On the other hand, you have OreGairu S1 where they blazed through 6 volumes in 1 cour and it still felt fine because IMO they did good in cutting out a lot of the 'fat'. So I'm at a loss; I think the credit goes a lot to the skill of the director and the writer to make the story feel complete at the pace they decide to go on, because Light Novels really differ in content the most out of all the mediums.

Regular novels I think is 1 cour per volume at minimum. If there is enough material for 2 cours per volume, then I'd be happy for it, but I can't see ANY regular novel going past 2 cours. My measuring stick here is Tatami Galaxy, Shin Sekai Yori and Hibike Euphonium, both of which I personally found excellent animations.

Manga, I think about 2-3 chapters per episode. Your Lie in April did 44 chapters in 22 episodes, while Cross Game did 160 chapters in 50.

Visual Novel.... hmm, I think 1 cour is enough if they solely focused on one route. I mean, on one hand, Waremete (aka In search of lost future) I found had a beautifully written plot in 1 cour. On the other, White Album 2 only had the introductory chapter in 1 cour, and it was absolutely amazing, but I think WA2 is the exception rather than the rule. Oh yeah, and please no omnibus... >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote