View Single Post
Old 2015-11-08, 14:52   Link #17
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kanon, that's a nicely thorough post that covers a lot of different bases. It was definitely good reading your take on this. However, there's one sentence I have to take some issue with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

One thing I really want to say is that there is no such thing as too long.
I accept that this is probably true for your own personal experience with anime, or you wouldn't have wrote it, but I have to say that there are some anime shows that I found overly long. I still remember how slow I found the first half of Shakugan no Shana's second season. And then there's all the anime-original filler material that anime adaptations of LNs/manga often make, some of which I found boring and tedious (and from talking to other anime fans about it in the past, I very much doubt that I was alone in finding it that way).

In the cases I mentioned, a shorter length would have been preferable to me. In my eyes, Bleach (I couldn't stand the Bounts arc) and Shakugan no Shana would have both been better off with some of the fat trimmed off.

So I hope you can understand how for some of us "too long" is a thing. For some people, it does reflect their honest feelings towards a show or movie or whatever. (By the way, as much as I love The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie, I can definitely understand how some would find it a bit long for a movie watch)