View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 03:40   Link #76
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Actually with the mecha form, Franky could possibly stop the ship. Sanji could kick it away and Zoro could probably easily slice it in half (ok that would be destroying it).

If anything I sort of expect Luffy to try a bazooka to stop the ship and get his hands stuck in the ship instead
As awesome as General Franky is, I don't think he can stop Noah from fulling. hell, I don't even think the combine strength of the SH can stop the fall. You seems to forgot about the size of that thing, it not just some huge ship several time bigger than a battleship. The thing is half the size of the island itself that can carry millions. The only reason Decken can move it was because of his DF.

As strong as Luffy can co, I don't see them stopping that thing, I don't even think that Admirals (other and Aoikiji) can stop its fall (Keep others around them safe is another story). Only one I can see would be Croc if he sand-ify the ground or Aoikiji freeze the thing mid-air.

Maybe if Robin can grow her Arms the size of the island, then that would possible.

Actually, forget the arm, if she can grow her breasts into half the size of island, that would probably work too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'm actually more intrigued about the ship itself than the villains of this arc. i'm still hoping that they could pose a bigger threat to the straw hats but as they are now i highly doubt it. what is noah anyway? why is it so legendary?
Noah is a reference from the Bible. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah (Franky Family's King Bulls) were. Oda's not Christian but he seem to like pulling stories from Bibles and other myths as inspirations.

If you don't know the Bibile story. Basically, the God was angry at the sins of human and he decided to flood the world in order to start anew. But before he did so, he instructed Noah, the only righteous man in the eye of God to construct an Arc. Noah build the Arc despite the ridicules from others, he than collected a pair (male&female) of every species, plants, along with whatever human he can save into the Arc and escaped the fated flood. (which most Bible historian believes to be referring to the Ice Age)

The parallel here is that Noah is HUGE, half the size of the Fishermen Island. It saved Fishmen/Merfolk once before the void Century and it now seems to be prophesied to save them again when the end is coming....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-08-29 at 03:50.