View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 19:49   Link #82
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
A relatively peaceful modern society built on the annihilation of the PK users? Killing to bring peace? I just don't see it.
Perhaps you can see it as killing to end oppression and forced regression followed by peace and harmony to end strife? It's a long term thing. Probably not something Saki'll live to see... even if she finds out how do Tokmiko's telomere trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
If the monster rats are ultimately victorious here, I see a more likely end where in the future the children the monster rats have captured and enslaved to kill the humans would someday turn on their captors and kill them all, after all they are essentially creating a weapon whose purpose is to kill.
Very good that is a real possibility. As I wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
the captured human infants will be taken into the queerat society. As warrior slaves/pariah, at first I'm sure. But to take on the rest of Japan to say nothing of the the world (if that's really the queerats' intention) they'll need a long term strategy to integrate humans in their society.
I should add to this that I do not think oppression, slavery nor discriminatory speciesism a good component to any long term strategy of co-existence.