Thread: Gundam - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-10, 13:42   Link #908
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The Zakus had better performance than the first-gen Gundams, that's why. PS didn't mean much anymore in Destiny since everyone had beam weapons anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
actually i think the first gen gundams are stronger than zakus i mean even with beam weapons the Duel is imo a lot better than any zaku with its assault shroud, and even then they could've upgraded them. there were pretty whole at the end of SEED
Even if the early GAT Gundams were a bit better overall than the Zakus, there's still good logistical reasons for not keeping unique machines in the order of battle, particularly ones that you didn't build yourself - it'd mean that any spare parts would have to be constructed from scratch for just that one machine. It's the kind of expense that's somewhat justifiable in wartime, but it'd be a terrible idea when at peace. And realistically, the early GAT models had were early prototypes, and they had a bunch of flaws that went with that. Any sensible officer would try to phase them out as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm pretty sure Charred_Knight hates it more than you do, but I think that's because he hates it on principle and not for any actual specific reason.
If you read Charred_Knight's posts, you'd realize that he actually likes Gundam 00 overall; he's just still willing to point out its weak points.