View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 00:15   Link #967
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanty View Post
Unanswered questions are unanswered questions no matter how much opinion you inject into the matter. Same thing for asspulls.
Thank you for saying in two short sentences, what I tried to say with several paragraphs, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because American audiences prob prefer a shorter arc with resolution. Not too many people prob want to put the time in for 3 seasons for everything to resolve.

Plus, who wants to wait 6 months to resolve a cliffhanger? I'm in a club that didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the next disc of a title to watch.
The first avatar series was 3 seasons, and gained a ton of popularity despite that. I think you underestimate what audiences will sit through to see resolution... see: Lost, X-Files, etc. American audiences are more than willing to keep watching, if the show holds their interest. Most sci fi and drama shows tend to have breaks between seasons, when the previous season ended on a cliffhanger. Audiences would still tune back in, 6 or 12 months later, to see how the season finale cliffhanger was resolved.

Now, if they only had approval for 12 episodes, I can partially understand why they might have had pacing issues. But usually any show that does real well, a network is willing to let keep going. At the very least, Nikelodeon should have been willing to get another season of 20 episodes. I say this without knowing how negotiations went behind closed doors; it just feels odd to me that the writers wouldn't have had the option for more episodes to better flesh out and pace the series.

Then again, someone mentioned that most of the writing staff of the first series wasn't around, so....
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote