View Single Post
Old 2011-12-31, 01:38   Link #14
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

As noted, I have a very similar system to the OP... a E-350 powered Thinkpad X120e. The only relevant difference is the OP's e-450 is clocked at 1.65ghz as opposed to 1.6 for mine.

In my experience, with CCCP set to use LAV, I can play a lot of 720P Hi10P anime fine, but not stuff with high bitrates (bluray rips in particular can be bad for this) and complex karaoke. Some of the vsfilter mods can help with performance but not in the worst scenarios. 1080P is basically just straight out of the question.

If you don't mind Windows deactivating Aero every time you launch MPC-HC, I'd recommend setting your renderer to overlay mixer rather than EVR, seems to run a little faster.

I've experimented a bit with SMPlayer and lachs0r's Mplayer 2 builds and they also work, although I didn't pursue this too far because I'm used to CCCP and wasn't seeing much of a performance difference. I remember having some bugs with output in OpenGL mode. Direct X (fast) output was probably the best - like the overlay mixer in CCCP, it causes Windows to turn off Aero but gives a nifty little speed boost relative to Direct 3D output. Actually, the one reason why I didn't experiment much with lachs0r's SMPlayer build (in addition the Mplayer one) is because I couldn't figure out how to switch it to Direct X (fast) output.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.