View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 00:47   Link #12
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
There is a difference between saying something is not good enough while looking to improve it and dismissing the merits of something without first trying to understand how to operate it.
Why did Japan get involved with the US when developing the next-gen Japanese TSF? Is Japan planning to demo/promote it's wares to the US?

The US (via Lockweed Mardin**) can develop it's own cutting edge TSF without Japan's help.

**Muv-Luv's Lockheed Martin.

Quote:
Ok, that's fines but that is going by the belief that those tactics are the measuring board. I.E if they don't measure up to American tactics they are inferior. I assume Yuuhi purpose there is not to tell them how superior his way of doing things are, a mistaken assumption I think he holds, but for them to find a way to fit him into their own system. That would, of course, necessitate him trying to fit into that system.
Again, it doesn't answer the Project Prominence's existance. The American tactics just highlighted the issues with the engine's operational range and it doesn't need be Amercian.

American's speed would also benefit melee combat i.e. greater speed has greater KE e.g. closer to Gundam 00 (high-speed melee bias Gundam with two GN-drives) or GNX-U02X Masurao (high-speed melee combat GNX with two GN-T drives).

By the way, the USN won the Pacific War.

Quote:
But there are also positives to the design as well more precise movements and response from the machine. I think you're already trapped in Yuuhi's mind set in that they need to become more like the American design instead of seeing how they can improve on their own design. It might ultimately entail them becoming more like the American design but you don't scrape your own design until you actually attempt to improve on its positives.
The problem was the unbalanced design. The next Japanese TSF update package would include uprated engines which supports Yuuya's view i.e. uprated engines would balance control vs engine power ratio.

The combined US+Japan combat style would also match Yuuya's mix-heritage.

Yuuya's and Yui's personal interactions are just added noise/spice.

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-27 at 01:23.