View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 07:52   Link #94
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
And the point wasn't "it's all been ripped from older stuff" it's stop comparing ever damn thing to the one megapopular mecha show you saw because it's all you've seen and ANYthing with Mecha is going to remind you of it.
Otaku please, I've been watching mecha shows since I saw the Americanized versions of Mazinger Z, Go-Lion and Macross, aka Tranzor Z, Voltron and Robotech. If you can't seem to wrap around your head that this is partially aimed at the same crowd who "digged" Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater for their vibe and style... (which is nothing like Mazinger Z/One Piece) and don't give a shit or even know about Mazinger than it's your loss.

Quote:
Gurren Lagann wasn't even trying to BE original--it was a tribute/parody almost. It was meant to be the Hot Fuzz of mecha. Let's not pretend it was doing anything but rehashing everything ever done in mecha over the last decade, without taking any of it seriously.
Who said Gurren Lagann was original in the first place? Basquash by essence of combining mecha and basketball is more original than Lagann by far but originality is overrated anyway. Execution > Originality and Lagann knocked it's execution out of the park, too early to say the same about Basquash.

Quote:
And most people saying that haven't seen an episode yet, sooo yeah.
I watched the HD raw shortly after it was put up on torrents.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote