View Single Post
Old 2009-07-03, 06:46   Link #419
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I honestly don't know roger. If it's the same as Anime licenses then I reckon they are entitled to enforce C&D. Ryukishi's statement and agreement to localize his games, are complicating things now IMO, so I haven't got a clue how to make heads and tails out of that thing.

Anyway: I've found that at Peach Princess FAQ (not Mangagamer):
"Our products cannot be shipped to Japan as they are only licensed for sale outside of Japan.".

I've read Ryukishi's statement about encouraging derivative works (and he counted translations as such), but I imagine Mangagamer paid something for his company to distribute it commercially everywhere outside of Japan (if they have a similar contract to the one Peach Princess has).
I personally think they would probably try to stop someone doing the similar thing, which they have paid money for.
I imagine they wouldn't use SF's already translated script of course, so they'd start from the beginning, and so far in all the games they made, they used a unique engine which is a lot different from ONScripter.

On the other hand, (I deeply apologize if I sound cruel and inconsiderate) they are planning to release it (probably all the question arks) by fall (maybe winter if they get delayed). How many of us would wait extra months (or even years) for the fantranslation, when they are going to finish it so soon?
I vastly prefer the Twin's translation over MG's any day mind you (and I have Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni on my shelve), but I'd fork out money again just to show my support of commercially localizing story-centered quality titles, and also for the purpose of reading it sooner.