View Single Post
Old 2010-10-31, 21:33   Link #253
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Trying to explain why Kirino behaves the way she does. Up until the beginning of the series, it seems that Kirino and Kyousuke have been having a very poor relationship. Now that Kyousuke knows about the secret of Kirino's anime hobby, they are finally starting to get more involved with each other. I'm sure Kirino is thankful for Kyousuke sacrificing the last tiny bit of reputation (it obviously was never much in the first place) by defending her from the father. However, she has no idea how to show her gratitude, so for now in ep. 4, she still acts habitually, like she's used to treat Kyousuke. You don't change long years of habit over night. I'm sure improvements in her behaviour towards Kyousuke will come, but you can't expect it to happen over night. Let's see what ep. 5 brings.
Ok, those are good points.

Maybe my own frame of reference isn't the most useful here since I had a pretty good relationship (not great, but Ok) with my two younger sisters.

I can see how two siblings who have been very distant from one another for a long time can find it hard to act friendly/cordially to one another after all that time.

I'll wait to see if Kirino's character develops over time. Hopefully it will.