Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 23:33   Link #25699
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
@Don - I'll reply once I get home.

Utter garbage. If the food industry disappears, where is the incentive for productivity?

Human beings are known to be passive. If there is no force to push them to make lives better, they won't do it.

If the market is stripped off the control of food supply, we would be eating soylent now.
Utter garbage is lack of logic you are putting into your post. How can an essential resource for life, such a food be lacking in an environment where the market is not involved? If you don't eat you die, that's all the incentive you'll ever need.

Oh perhaps you are talking about food being an abundant resource that can be exploited for capital gain? You are right on that one, food is a very profitable business that inspires industries to mass produce it. Where you think the idea of food for profit came from? McDonald's and Coca Cola!. They "revolutionized" the idea of food mass production. Then came Monsanto who started privatizing seeds world wide and developing genetically engineered crops that would only respond to Monsanto's pesticides while destroying the ecosystems they grow in. Lets not forget the fishing industry! many crazy people mumble: "We are over-fishing our seas and rivers to please the demands of the of the food industry" Baloney I say! The fishing industry is my savior after all it is putting caviar on my table. Yes you are right, the incentive for profit err I mean productivity is alive and well in the food industry.

Oh wait are you talking about food recipes? You mean that if there is no money to be made by growing food then we will all be eating plain white rice, beans and monkey balls? Yeah, you are right, people will cease to be creative in the way they cook their food, after all if there is no bling bling to be made why should we ever use my brain? Let's not also forget that our beloved grease hamburgers with Coca Cola and French fries would disappear too! can't let that happen.

I got good news for you, the food industry is actively seeking a way to privatize water. After all, all they are trying to do is to do is incentivize the distribution of fresh water to more arid areas of the world.

Viva la free market!

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2013-01-10 at 23:44.