Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 06:47   Link #1671
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My copy arrived today.
I hate you. XD

Quote:
That was rather interesting. Understanding more or less what they are saying helps a lot. Especially with little things you wouldn't get from just the images alone.
For now that's all i have so i get what you mean with a sharp pain in my chest.

Quote:
Also the preview shown at the end of Episode 14 was different (slightly) than the preview shown at the end of Chapter 4 (theatical). The episode preview shows a few less people scenes and more scenes of Gamilas ships opening fire in massive numbers.
More Gamilas overkill action... I WANT TO SEE IT... :'(

Quote:
It is extremely rare for a remake of anything to be better than the original (unless the original was done poorly to start with that is). This is starting to look like one of those rare instances were the remake may be superior to the original. But that depends a great deal on how this all turns own. Especially on the Gamilas side of things. That is drifting into almost unknown territory. Almost, meaning it was in at least one version of the manga in some form.

Also it will depend on how they end it. And what loose threats they might leave for the future.
Indeed, i've said it before and i'll say it again, this is the barr that all remakes should strive to clear from here on.
Spoiler for Possible chapter 5 spoilers:

Spoiler for On Ithekro's Ponderings about chapter 4... :D:
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote