View Single Post
Old 2008-03-13, 22:38   Link #626
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@Obi-wan:

But it's not the same. Superficially the similarities are there, but the concept of the Clyne Faction aka Three Ship Alliance and Celestial Being is completely different.

Celestial Being is a secret organization CREATED for that purpose that has had 200 years to prepare for it. It has been their mission from the very beginning, the founding doctrine of their group. It uses Gundams designed by the best minds in the world as Superweapons to perform armed intervention in conflicts that would preempt or incite war.

In GS/GSD, the Three Ship Alliance was a "rag-tag" formation of EA, ZAFT and Orb runaways and defectors brought together by fate that banded under Lacus Clyne to prevent the EA and ZAFT from annihiliting each other in an already raging war, using stolen equipment and technologies against their enemies.

Also, there is the presentation of each group. As much as I enjoyed GSD as much as I do 00 now, there is clearly a difference.

The Clyne Faction in GSD is ultimately portrayed as the morally superior choice when going out in interventions against the tyrannical EA and the insidious ZAFT, two powers under which the world would've been a much worse place.

Celestial Being has always been portrayed as a questionable "necessary evil" in a world already striving to recover from several wars, with three major power blocs who have little beef on each other and who are all just working for the good of their respective nations.

It is not my place to judge your tastes or others, but saying that 00 and GSD are similar is inaccurate and unfair to both shows. People like one more than the other exactly because there are major differences between the two once you get past the superficial similarities that you seem to be basing the two on.

Also, if you like GSD yet hate 00, do whatever you want. But publicly denouncing the show like you did is mere trolling and flaming, and adds nothing better to the current discussion.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote