View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 16:11   Link #125
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I feel like I'm the only person who enjoyed the show from beginning to end Sure, the show has it's flaws, but overall I enjoyed it greatly. It was the first Gundam show I watched while it was running and it was quite a ride. I'm sad that the show gets so much hate, but the show entertained me and that's what counts for me. I will re-watch the show every now and then.
Actually overall I enjoyed it fairly well from beginning to end, but there were some ups and downs and flaws of course the same as many shows and I don't think it lives up to the high standards set by Gundam shows of the past or even those of it's predecessor 00. I keep thinking that if this show didn't have Gundam in the title it would have been received as a decent sci-fi/mecha show but putting Gundam in the title now has more negative connotations than positive since it attaches to it the bitchy as hell Gundam fanbase and pretty much impossible expectations to live up to. I recall Tomino saying as much in an interview about his new project G-Reko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network
Tomino said that the "G-Reko" name was chosen in part because "the 'Gundam' name was a total nuisance when trying to develop a new kind of robot story." He noted that the "G" in the title was revealed earlier as standing for "gravity."
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote