Thread: Licensed Toradora! Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-01, 16:35   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I believe that your last post did not offer any kind of satisfying conclusion; it was actually inviting me to answer as well… should I keep quiet then?
You are obviously free to answer. However, as both of us obviously noticed, any "compromise" or whatever wouldn't be found. The "agree to disagree" would be far more preferable, and I don't think looking for a satisfying conclusion a simple matter of opinions would be necessary. And to be honest, I'm sure many people begin to wonder for what sake or insane reason we are rambling on the same things over and over with wall of text.
Quote:
I made such a comment in light of the impression I was getting from your post. I apologize if you found such comment ill intended.
I did not feel it ill intended, though I was upset that I was encaged into quite a strict image of critic just because of a dislike of a character. Nothing past this point, hence why the misunderstanding was preferable to be corrected as fast as I could, for discussion sake.
Quote:
And I was pointing out the exaggeration of those terms, as it doesn’t quite fit the tone/image of the series—even after you explained your intentions. And while I used exaggeration as well, the point being made was the somewhat absurd situations those terms have created, hence a bit of a problem to take your’s and mine’s opinion/argument without a salty/believable taste.
Yet again, I explained that it wasn't the case, and I already mentioned that it wouldn't be within her characters. It is again a "what if scenario", an application of such terms if that situation were to happen, which would never happen considering the tone and the genre of the series. If it was the case, I wouldn't even trouble myself in ranting that casually about that series. I don't think a situation would be generate if it was for instance or to explain the reaction if it was the case, showing that I'm not blindlessly thinking there are torture and such here.
Quote:
I believe that if you want to rant about a show, you should be prepared for whatever reply comes in response. Moreover, if you are fully aware that your opinion does not quite follow the “general consensus,” a bit of “respect” for those who like the series/characters is appreciated, or at least, the willingness to reach a compromise—which really, I entirely missed from your posts, and it wasn’t because our opinions tremendously differed.
I think quite ridiculous and preposterous to think that it would be anything useful to post a rant then expecting to be freed from charge. I wouldn't post anything if I were to not accept anyone's reaction.

I did expect answers and reactions or simple silence, as I barely leave an opinion instead of a debate or whatnot. Should they answer or not, I would answer if needed or so. Only, with the current flow of the discussion, instead of discussing of the very topic, it keeps flowing on the same argument circle of "disagreement". As far I as I can read myself back, I didn't intend to direspect anything about those who like the manga and I insisted that "I" have problems with a character, nothing more. I certainly believe I didn't give demerit of the manga in a objective stance or so, and everything was solely based on a character appreciation, purely subjective based on my tastes. Hence, I don't think I ever tried to trample anyone's opinion here. That said, I still can't find any possible way to agree with your points and own perspective. that is the very reason why I felt it was meaningless to continue as it turned into a clash of opinions instead of a real discussion with arguments. As said already, it isn't exactly required to have a winning side or whatnot: anyone can enjoy or dislike what they want/do.
Hence why I don't even see a reason for a compromise: we aren't defending politics and such, we are giving points of our own interpretations of facts and opinions on Taiga and Ryuji (and execution of the story), that's all. I certainly did not answer several times for sake of "victory", but to expose the points I had in mind. In agreement or not, it does not matter to me as it isn't the point for me to appose my opinion to others.
Quote:
Anyway, you are quite forgetting the last thing I said in my first reply: “It was fun replying to you.” I’m always trying to keep my entertainment factor as I write; otherwise, I wouldn’t go as far as writing such lengthy opinions in the first place. It's only an opinion with some room for humor after all
I didn't forget about that, but your last post wasn't entertainment factor to me, due of the obsination. No hard feelings though, but as I said, it won't end on a compromise or whatnot. Not like I don't want to, but the mere difference of opinions is not a matter of compromise or whatnot.

and I must say it is my duty as a moderator to stop off topic, which I'm dangerously doing myself right now. I don't think there isn't anything to blame or whatever, though the whole discussion is taking a very weird turn for mere divergence of opinions. Well, that is again my opinion.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-09-01 at 16:49.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote