Thread: Licensed Inu X Boku SS
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 14:59   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
My problem is that fanservice minimizes or completely eliminates the plot in this show... but this has no impact on whether one enjoys it or not... enjoyable shows do not need to be to good in any way....
I actually don't get the idea that fanservice is somehow eliminating plot here. I think what I am most enjoying is Ririchiyo's feelings and the way she can't help reacting in contrary ways. I don't know whether that falls under the heading of "plot" or "fanservice" or neither. In any case, I'm sure I'm missing something, but this show seems to me to have minimal fanservice, compared to many others.

If an enjoyable show doesn't have to be "good," then what does "good" mean, except maybe adhering to some set of preconceived intellectual patterns that makes us feel better about liking this stuff? I sometimes feel like a complete Philistine, but I'm happy enough to let popular literature be popular literature, which I think aims mainly at serving up satisfying emotions.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote