View Single Post
Old 2013-09-23, 11:10   Link #5
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanreve View Post
So everyone is absolutely raving about Ever17 and Fate/Stay Night as I'm looking at multiple forums for recommendations. To be honest, I was totally disappointed by Fate. Also, the hentai scene was really awkward and Rin, who I thought to be a great character, suddenly went way OOC there and it completely brought down my respect for the game a good portion.
Does anyone agree with me on any of these opinions?
I typically skip H-Scenes 'cause, from experience, most of the time they serve as fanservice and don't offer much in terms of story progression.
I guess at least Sakura's in Heaven's Feel had some meaning, but I skipped them nonetheless

I think Fate/ is a pretty good VN, all things considered. Not sure if I'd put it in the "Very best out there" list though.

Never heard of Ever17.. might give that one a shot and comment on it (much) later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Maybe you should try Age's product like Muv-Luv (Guarantee the awesome)
Do you recommend playing through Muv-Luv, or jump straight to Alternative? I ask this because I tried playing the first one, and that highschool setting was very underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanreve View Post
For now, I'm downloading Rewrite, which has gotten great reviews.
I think you'll enjoy that one. One of the best VNs I've played recently, even with its flaws.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote