View Single Post
Old 2009-08-20, 17:58   Link #116
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Marco and Jozu already showed they have strong Haki by showing that they were unaffected by Shanks. You can say they are the current equivalent of Rayleigh's prime.
I don't think that says a lot. Luffy showed a very strong Haki, yet not everyone was affected. Also, regarding Shanks case, it may be that the intensity of the Haki leaking from Shanks was not what he can extract at max, so it may be at a lower intensity compared to Luffy's.

But, anyways, considering the different types of Haki people have, being able to defend against a strong Haki does not have to require the person to be able to use it at that level, in a similar manner. I consider Rayleigh's Haki as an offensive type, rather than defensive, especially the one that he used against Kizaru. But, if there is also a defensive type, such as the dormant ones, the ones that have a hard time to get out of the person, then maybe Marco, and etc.'s strength in Haki refers to only that. That doesn't mean he is not capable, he may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I think in a few more chapters the marines are gonna start flexing their muscles and release waves of pacifistas to give them a bit of a leverage.
Maybe Blackbeard will appear and attack Whitebeard in a dirty manner while Luffy and others save Ace, before things get out of complete control. Also, before that, there are still a lot of people on the marine's side who have yet to show their true strength, starting with the top three in my opinion, Sengoku, Garp, and Tsuru.