View Single Post
Old 2013-06-19, 22:05   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
He said he wants to watch a series with me, to get more into anime as a whole, but the problem is I can't really think of anything I'd let him watch. :\

In the past, we had watched the entire series of Digimon Tamers, as well as Ao no Exorcist.

I'm looking for a series with no nudity (or at least none that's overtly sexual in nature) or fan service. Blood and violence is okay to a degree (certainly nothing along the lines of Elfen Lied or Hellsing, as some common examples). I just want to keep him away from sex and stuff.

An action anime is preferred.

Thank you for any help!
Fullmetal Alchemist is the first to pop into my mind. It is on the more intense side. How old is your brother?

Inuyasha might be a good oldie to pick.

Crest of the Stars would be a good one.

I can't forget to mention my favorite show from when I was eight: Starblazers! There is a remake that is currently airing if you want better graphics. Space Battleship Yamato 2199. One of the greatest anime of all time.

Chrono Crusade is another that's on the more intense side of thing.

You might try some sports anime and see what he thinks: Cross Game or Big Windup would be my choices. Although maybe something more "actiony" like Major or Slam Dunk would be better received. (Note that I haven't seen these last two and only know them by reputation.)

If mecha is okay by you then just about any of the Gundam series should serve. If you'd prefer a series that isn't as heavy on the mecha to introduce the idea you could watch Full Metal Panic.

I don't recall Last Exile having any fanservice scenes. That was a good show.

Angel Beats might work. Although it's not always an action show.

Read Or Die (the OVA) would be a good choice. Sort of like X-Men crossed with James Bond.

Tiger & Bunny would also be a good choice.

Chrome Shelled Regios should work. I don't remember any fanservice.

There is also Bodacious Space Pirates. Pretty much no fanservice. The most fanservicy thing I can think of was Marika crossing her legs.

Perhaps Otome Youkai Zakuro, though I think it was aimed more at girls.

Soul Eater has quite a bit of fanservice the first three or four episodes before that all disappears for the rest of the show. You might want to check it out and see what you think.

From what I remember Shakugan No Shana has a single questionable scene early on, and then nothing after that.

A Certain Magical Index has some fanservice, I'm trying to remember what it was, but I don't remember it being that much. Stay away from the spin off Railgun though. That has a ton of fanservice (first season anyway, second season not as much).

Katanagatari has some sexy scenes, but nothing too heavy. Might be on the boundaries of what you want.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote