View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 18:41   Link #68
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Actually, I can see the figure spin in a half-circle. It swings counterclockwise halfway, then clockwise 180 degrees.
Yes, good description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
When I meant half and half, it's means not like ya stated. One time it goes clockwise, and one time it goes counter.

ex. It spins clockwise, but when it reaches the middle, it suddenly goes counter clockwise. That's what I meant by this. I really didn't mean for it to confuse you.

Il'll go edit the gif so ya see what i can see too.

Everyone is getting it wrong >.<, lol. I think i am the only person so far who have seen it like that. But i'll wait and see.

Just for the sake of this thread, well use term "half and half" as what I explained and "both" for seeing both the counterclockwise motion and clockwise motion.
I would classify this action as a "bounce". But please note there are two ways you can see "half and half" (or "bounce").

Forward bounce
Imagine the outstretched leg on the right (your right), it then moves clockwise to the left position (so at one point the outstretched leg is pointing towards you). After rotating 180 degrees it changes direction and moves (bounces) anti-clockwise back to the starting position (again, at one point the outstretched leg will be pointing towards you). The outstretched leg will remain "in front" of the rotating figure.

Reverse bounce.
Imagine the outstretched leg on the right (your right), it then moves anti-clockwise to the left position (so at one point the outstretched leg is pointing away you). After rotating 180 degrees it changes direction and moves (bounces) clockwise back to the starting position (again, at one point the outstretched leg will be pointing away you). The outstretched leg will remain "behind" of the rotating figure.

Both these are valid viewpoints that the brain can interpret as movement.

So we can have clockwise, anti-clockwise, forward bounce, reverse bounce and we can have these states flip-flopping during the viewing period (normally they tend to say fixed for several rotations before changing).

I suspect most people can see it rotate mostly clockwise or anti-clockwise. And some people can make it rotate in the direction they wish, clockwise or anti-clockwise (what you call "Both"). Making it "bounce", either way, is a bit more tricky.

BTW, if you want the poll to be edited (to include "bounce" and "both" for example), then let me know
xris is offline   Reply With Quote