View Single Post
Old 2007-08-07, 05:33   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
If a person has to resort to willpower to avoid cheating, I'd say their current partner is the wrong one for them. If you really love someone, then anyone other than your partner should not have the power to seduct you.
Actually, what i mean is many people just have another affair, because they are attracted only for sex and anything of that sort. Most of the time, either that person is weak enough and doesn't confess/break up, or "still love that person somehow".
Yes, it looks extremely stupid, but many persons just can't withstand the desire, and just jump at the occasion(s), even if they heart belong to someone else, and this is of course, mainly a man's problem.
I don't pretend that men, even in love, are weak enough to get tempted by any gorgeous figure, but reasons behind "cheating" are most of the time of that type.

The problem i see here is basically that Makoto is hardly in love with any of the 2 girls. maybe having more affinities with Sekai, but without the training, things would turn a bit differently.

Quote:
In his mind, he doesn't like Kotonoha anymore, and has realised that he loves Sekai (Witness his bored sighing face whenever he has to interact with Kotonoha in episode 5). I say "loves" because he actually says "Sekai ga suki." Or at least in his mind he thinks he loves Sekai.

This is probably the reason why he feels no guilt.
The problem with Makoto's words is basically that he feels attracted by kotonoha and soon, it has a "bigger" attraction to sekai.

Of course, i believe he shouldn't feel guilt to have "changed" his feelings, since it can't be helped. My problem is basically that he reazlied only now, and doesn't even break up with kotonoha first.

He was just jumping on sekai, without thinking of the consequences.

Quote:
If Makoto falls out of love with Sekai and comes back to Kotonoha this will be true. As for planning for the future, young people generally don't do that.
He doesn't need to be in love with anyone to do "that".
Episode 4 was enough: he didn't really have romantic feelings for sekai first, and became horny during this training. Of course, the training wasn't really innoncent, but OTOH, he just followed his desires, and didn't think of his current situation, nor the possible aftermath, until his cellphone rang.