View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 06:08   Link #1060
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Missed this post earlier. I've been saying for ages that JC would be perfect for this style of show.
I still don't know... JC Staff can make very good anime. Shana S1, the To Arus, Potemayo...there's some really good stuff in their library. They just doesn't usually do this type of series, and my worry is that they'll turn it into the last two seasons of Zero no Tsukaima, since they seem categorically unable to adapt something without changing it toward the end, usually for the worst...

The reason I was so keen on Shaft doing it was that it just seems like it was written with Shinbo's directorial style in mind. Usually any comedy he adapts gets turned into something quirky and minimalist with a crapload of subtle and not-so-subtle pop-culture references. TWGOK is already quirky, already chock full of pop-culture references, and would fit very well into the not-quite-as-low-detail-as-it-appears Zetsubou/Bakemonogatari style.

Every studio molds the source material to their strengths, which is why you can usually tell the studio by just looking at the finished product. I joke about a 6" Keima-tan, but you know that if JC Staff adapts it, that's what you're going to see on the DVDs... And KyoAni would make all the characters look like K-on or Haruhi... Or Gonzo (are they even still around?) would turn it into a steaming pile with a crapload of OOC fanservice...

I guess Bones would work as well, as long as they don't adapt ~20-30 episodes worth before deciding to end it in a completely different fashion from the direction the manga is going (only to readapt it once the manga is finished and short-shrift the previously covered material)...

==============================

Less depressing subject... Voice casting was brought up recently, but nothing concrete was suggested (my SOS-Dan BSing notwithstanding), and the last time we speculated on who would voice who in this forum, Tenri/Diana wasn't even introduced.

So, any suggestions?