Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-14, 11:35   Link #57
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Any AKB48 fan that's not into anime?Looking at what Undertaker just posted it seems AKB48 is a whole lot more mainstream than both K-ON! or iDOLM@STER,the production team is probably hoping that a lot of people that don't normaly watch anime will check this out just because it has AKB48's name on it.
Very true, and it's probably going to work. The anime made headlines on the Oricon website, and it's also getting properly promoted on perfectly mainstream TV programs such as this news snippet showing the audition's winners this morning:

Lol this Mita Mao girl was so surprised when her name was called. There's also a longer video showing all the winners and their lines (starting around the 1:30 mark):

They actually do have a few members that sound fine (especially Nakaya Sayaka at 3:57, her yametekudasai could have fooled me for Nakahara Mai, and the end sounded Itou Kanae-ish, wth?), and whose dream is to become a full-fledged seiyuu. With Aketagawa Jin as the sound director, the result might actually be alright (because I know plenty of people were expecting their ears to bleed at the voice work)!

Thomas Romain mentioned on the Catsuka forums that the series still had quite a few surprises in store, by the way! I'm still really curious as to which timeslot the series will get... probably something good & unexpected.