Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 10:47   Link #411
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
The theme of the show is just to live your dream without letting anyone stopping you, that's it.
THIS.

Everyone has an aspiration, a dream, a need to move up to the next level, to become a better person. It's a theme that we see in most stories, heroes and heroines trying to earn their own happiness after much pain and suffering, all the while supported by their friends who share the same aspirations despite personal differences, but even then there will be those deviants or even "frienemies" -- be it an individual, a group, an agency, the environment around them (in this case, life under prolonged martial law and constant danger by surveillance and armed intimidation) -- who would try to throw roadblocks and traps along the way.

Whether that plot takes place in the past, present or the future, whether in a wealthy (a girl in Japan aspires to become an idol) or a poor country (a boy in Ghana dreams to be the best football player), protagonists will have to make his/her way to the top, with the best of their knowledge and maybe even more if they unlock a hidden talent that wasn't present before. Even while facing a judgmental audience or ducking bullets.

As Frank Sinatra once sang about New York and what that city could do for the benefit of his dreams: "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere."

And oh, I have been taught not to judge a book from its cover.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-03 at 11:01.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote