Old 2007-01-27, 04:05   Link #2290
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Ai Suzuki - 9.0
35 frames into 50KB!? That's no ballpark. Teach me your secrets sir! I've had to make so many sacrifices to get mine compressed. It's a little dizzying yet suspenseful. Honestly, I think it's awsome.
[cut]
Mine kind of encompasses the same scene from the same anime as Deathkillz'. 27 frames reduced to 13ish. Help me out, Ai Suzuki! >_<
Lol, welcome to the "how the heck will I fit it under 50 Kb?" club!
By the way, there's not a rule saying "a lot of frames = huge size" . It's likely but not inevitable. Basically the size depends on the number of colours in the sequence (not meant as 64 or 128 palette). If you watch that scenes there are three dominant colours, red, yellow and black. If you check frame by frame you'll also see how a sequence of reddish frames is followed by a sequence of blackish and so on. So it makes sense the size is thin. At that point put a 64 colours palette, it won't show great compressions, and it will even fit under 50 Kb.

Sample:

This avatar I made has 73 frames and it's 49,75 Kb. No secrets, just rationality :P

You have trouble with your Shiori's because the scene is full of light and different colours. Plus KyoAni animations are not exactly the easiest to be giffed (except for blinks or alike) ^^

Zaris: The movements looks unnatural, either when she brings the glass at her mouth, either on the return. But this has to be accepted as consequence of the limit. The three first frames of the return phase though are choppy and that'd be my major complaint. As it is, is a bit flawy, but I acknowledge how difficult is that sequence 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Meh.. "she" ... "he" ... everyone's a sexless piece of vapor on the Net ... yet another reason we need genderless pronouns
"You must rate someone else avatar everytime you post in this thread otherwise your post will be deleted"

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-01-27 at 04:20.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote