View Single Post
Old 2007-04-08, 16:18   Link #163
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

*sniff* I don't want it to end...

Alas, this series is over now. Such bittersweet feelings. A grown man isn't supposed to get this emotional over a TV series aimed at preteens. It's such a good show though, definitely another feather in the cap fer Madhouse.

I never did expect to see Souta paired up with anyone in a romantic sense of the word. While Ringo expects to have some future with him in a mothering sort of way, the only person she seemed to have a true rapport with was Hameln. His pseudo-father role complements her pseudo-mother one. Honestly, this show seems aimed at an age bracket that isn't yet too concerned with relationship issues. The near-total lack of sexuality was kind of a relief actually, it's nice to have a show where only the women have boobs. Ibara's outfit does contain a token suggestion of a bra, but she also seems like the oldest of the girls. IMHO Gretel only has sex appeal because we're so conditioned to think that way about any female wearing a maidlike outfit with lace.

Spoiler for For ep. 39 (end):

I'm not expecting to see a sequel to this. Besides having gotten most of the mileage out of the source tales' material, what would the plot consist of? Shirayukihime beating down the witch that stole her father isn't going to take us very far. Souta could go and fully redeem Cendrillon somehow, but what then? She is so overcome with guilt and remorse that she spends the rest of her life in Erde working in a soup kitchen for the homeless? Mebbe Hansel and Gretel turn their candy house into a bakery and... hire a guy with solar hands! It's the new crossover spinoff, Otogi-Jushi Yakitakin!

I think I will go stand quietly in a corner now and bang my head into the wall.