View Single Post
Old 2007-04-17, 12:25   Link #18
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For people who want the 'Dream Ticket' sequence's translation, here goes
Translation, comments, addenda and footnotes courtesy of Celiss Galvea from GameFAQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiss Galvea
Stage 12.55 from Sound Episode 1 (to be released on the 24th) is available for free listening on the Biglobe streaming site today (it'll only be up for another hour or so though -- ends at 12am Japan time; GMT +9)

Translation:

Stage 12.55:The Dream Ticket

Shirley: <sighing>

Milly: What is it, Shirley? You look distressed. Constipation? <lowers voice> Second day? (T/N: This scene is in episode 12; as for what "2nd day" refers to... women troubles.)

Shirley: No! I was worried... Should I give the concert tickets I received from father to Lelouch...?

Milly: My, we sure are a happy-go-lucky bunch. And the world is still abuzz over what happened in Narita 2 days ago, too. Like I said, it's better to just say it! "I love you~"

Shirley: No, I can't do that! Not that! <thinking> I do want to tell him, tell him "Let's go to the concert together." I do want to tell him my feelings. But how should I go about it? What if he were to refuse me?! My imaginations alone are spiralling out of control... yes, for example...

<The classic "mysterious" sound effect, often used in Infinite Ryvius's scenes with Neya>

Shirley: Lulu!

Lelouch: What is it, Shirley?

Shirley: Erm, you see, there'll be a classical concert tomorrow! I wonder if you don't mind...? Uhm, I have an extra ticket, and I was wondering whether someone might be interested...

Lelouch: Oh, that's great. Would you mind if...?

Shirley: Of course not!

Lelouch: Thanks.

Shirley: Eh... does that mean...?

Lelouch: I'm sure Nunnally will be delighted.

Shirley: Eh? <start of the gag BGM often used in the show>

Lelouch: Nunnally likes classical music. Tomorrow, is it? I'll have to make plans for Sayoko-san. Thank you, Shirley.

Shirley: Ah... you're... welcome...

<end of her first imagination>

Shirley: That's totally not going to work... Acting aloof and indifferent won't get me anywhere. I have to be more straightforward! Yes, for example...

<Mysterious sound effect #2>

Lelouch: A classical concert...?

Shirley: I'm only inviting you because you're Lulu!

Lelouch: Eh?

Shirley: It has to be Lulu! No matter what, it absolutely definitely has to be Lulu! I... To me, Lulu is...!

Lelouch: Hey, calm down, Shirley. Everyone's looking. Besides, why me? (T/N: Lelouch, you blockhead...)

Shirley: Because I... uh... I think you have nothing else to do! (T/N: Shirley, you blockhead...)

Lelouch: <annoyed> How rude! I too have a schedule to adhere to! I have my duties as a student council member, not to mention homework as well. On top of that, I have to cook, launder and gamble... 24 hours isn't enough for me-- <voice starts to fade; lecture continues> (T/N: ...gamble? >__>)

<end Shirley's 2nd imagination>

Shirley: I guess I can't be too straightforward either... <gag music starts up again> Lelouch has plans too. It's only natural for him to have a schedule. <gasp> I wonder if he might have a different reason to reject me...?

<Mysterious sound effect #3>

Lelouch: Sorry, I can't go with you. Actually, I...

Kallen: My, isn't this Shirley? What is it? Do you have business with my Lulu? (T/N: Spoken in an excessively lady-like tone)

Shirley: "Lulu"...?! (T/N: Only Shirley calls Lelouch "Lulu") Why is Kallen...?!

Lelouch: The both of us are engaged.

Kallen: Ne~, Lu~lu. Eheh <3

<Wedding bells start to ring; Lelouch and Kallen proceed to laugh gaily. Imagination #3 ends>

Shirley: N-no... that was a really strange imagination. Kallen denied it herself; that's totally not happening! But I wonder if Lulu has someone he likes...

<Mysterious sound effect #4>

Lelouch: Sorry. I already have someone I've promised my future to. (T/N: ...C.C.)

Shirley: I-it... isn't Kallen, right?

Nunnally: Onii-sama, hurry! We'll be late for the wedding!

Shirley: Eh? Nana-chan?!

Lelouch: Yeah. I'm marrying Nunnally.

Shirley: B-but, Nana-chan is your sister, isn't she? That's--

Nunnally: I'm so sorry, but actually the both of us aren't blood-related. Ufu <3

Lelouch: Well, that's just how it is. See ya!

<End of imagination>

Shirley: Stupid stupid stupid~ (T/N: "Baka baka baka!" -- she's referring to herself) That's impossible! It's true that Lelouch is kind towards Nana-chan, but...

<Mysterious sound effect #5>

Suzaku: Lelouch, hurry! We'll be late for the wedding!

Lelouch: Yeah. <cue g@y laughter from the both of them>

<End of imagination>

Shirley: Uwaaaa stop, stop! Stop imagining strange things! What am I thinking?! I'm not Sophie! (T/N: Sophie is a yaoi fangirl, confirmed) I should not have such interests!

Milly: What are you talking about, Shirley?

Shirley: K-kaichou? (T/N: Kaichou = president, but I left the term alone because it sounds really awkward in English...) I... Could I have been talking out loud...?

Milly: Totally. Right, Lelouch?

Shirley: Huh?!

Lelouch: Yeah. You're such an embarrassing person. (T/N: I guess he's talking about her yaoi fantasy... embarrassing, indeed >__>)

Shirley: B-but...

Lelouch: Whatever. Come, Milly, let us go. <start of sexy music> How's Monaco for our honeymoon?

Shirley: Eh? Wait a minute-- eh?

Rivalz: Wait just a minute! Lelouch will be marrying me!

Shirley: Rivalz too?!

Arthur: Nyaa~

Shirley: Arthur, you too?!

Nunnally: Onii-sama will be marrying me! <pout-ish voice>

Suzaku: Lelouch, you understand, right? (T/N: He means "You understand that we're the ones getting married, right?")

Kallen: Unforgivable. Lulu is mine, only mine!

Rivalz: I've already fixed the trailing empty cans behind my bike. (T/N: Newly-weds...)

Lelouch: Oi oi, there's only one of me, you know.

Milly: Well, I don't see a problem with that. Why don't we all just get married?

Rivalz: I agree, I agree! I totally agree!

Suzaku: Come, Shirley, you too! Don't just stand there.

Shirley: Eh? What? What's going on?!

Rivalz: Come on, don't be so uptight!

<cue g@y laughter by everyone; end of imagination>

Shirley: <continues to laugh>

Milly: Co~me back! <hits Shirley on the head>

Shirley: Ack!

Milly: Finally returned to this world?

Shirley: Erm... what was I...?

Milly: That's what I'd like to know. I was telling you the ABCs of Love, but all you did was keep laughing all by yourself.

Shirley: Ah, I'm sorry. I was thinking of something else.

Milly: Geez. In short, it's not enough to just think about it. Action is important!

Shirley: Yes... yes, you're right. Kaichou, I'll be off now!

Milly: Yes, go! That's the spirit-- Wait, where to?!

Shirley: <thinking> I know. It won't work if I'm afraid of getting rejected. Kaichou said so as well; "things won't last forever". If all I do is be afraid of my own imaginations, I'll be left behind. At the very least, I need to tell my feelings...

<Sound of running footsteps>

Shirley: Lulu!

Lelouch: ...what is it?

Shirley: U-uhm... My father's away from home due to work, so in order to cheer me up he sent these... and...

Lelouch: What's this?

Shirley: A concert ticket. If you don't mind, why don't we go together?

Lelouch: T-thanks.

Shirley: I-I'll be waiting! See ya!

Lelouch: Oi, you'll be waiting--? Hey!

Shirley: What should I do... I did it. I really did it! He'll come, won't he? He didn't say no... besides, we're just going to a concert! But still, this is a chance. Thanks, Father!
XD