View Single Post
Old 2011-05-12, 11:44   Link #8135
madmac

Quote:
What's more interesting is how Luca apparently does not sell as much doujinshi as Nagi and Chiharu hyped. She was supposed to be the example Nagi looks up to when making doujins, but it turns out that she's having as much trouble as Nagi.
I think it's more she's Nagi's idol in general, what with being a mega-popular idol who seems to be good at everything and has similar interests. In the realm of Manga, they're more or less equally bad. It's easy to let the fact that Nagi likes Luca's manga overshadow the fact that it didn't sell very well, got specifically ripped on by that Maizumi arse, and that it was hinted that Luca had the same traumatic experience with visiting Ashibashi sensei that Nagi did.

I think Nagi's dream this chapter highlighted something about her personality that isn't obvious if you don't read Yukariko's character profile in Volume 16. It more or less explains that Nagi's mom, while super-lucky and adored by everyone was basically useless at everything and couldn't do anything by herself.

Nagi sort of defines herself by trying too hard to not be her mom and failing anyways. Hayate calling her a "hopeless" person in her dream underscores her own insecurity that she isn't actually good at anything.

(It also says that Yukariko didn't die of illness and that he hopes to write more about Nagi's father some day. It's one of the more interesting of all the character profiles.)

Quote:
I'll wait till the next chapter to comment on that, but the fact is that the longer he keeps up the charade, the worse the inevitable fallout is going to be. It's going to introduce unnecessary drama over an issue that shouldn't even be such a big deal
Heh. I dunno, I get the feeling she'll get over it quickly enough...
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote