View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 10:26   Link #43
MiMi_B

Maybe I expected a little too much...

Saw this episode with my brother, (I read the LN and he didn't) who found it a little difficult to follow exactly what's going on.
Spoiler for Ep8:

The pacing felt a little odd, with too much of long talks in the middle of what's supposed to be a tense action scene.

Spoiler for Ep8:

I don't really want to sound like a complainer, but I am quite disappointed with how Kinji's character was portrayed in this arc. (I wrote this in my post in Ep. 7 discussion thread too) Am I the only one who feels this way?

Somehow it feels like Kinji suddenly turned into a different person after the first arc. He used to be this indifferent, cool guy (fit for someone called the "gloomy one") with "whatever" attitude with people around him in normal mode, and somewhat of a "gigolo" in Hysteria Mode. But in the second arc, Kinji suddenly turned into a gentle, caring, sweet-talking guy in his normal mode, and even in Hysteria Mode he sounds more like a shojo hero than a gigolo.
Spoiler for How Kinji talks to Shirayuki:

Maybe it's poor script writing, since his character stays pretty consistent in the LN with only gradual development. What do you think?

Last edited by MiMi_B; 2011-06-04 at 10:39.