View Single Post
Old 2009-05-07, 21:08   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Diana was probably going for the guy with the umbrella on the other side of the street. We'll see.

2. Mystique, I know for a fact that you are not the only person who dislikes Saki, but I like her. And she is a lot more than just "sweet and cute." She went off to DC on her own. She is 22, not a little girl. She can stay out all night with anyone she likes. She is upset that she loves her brother in law, but you can't blame anyone for their feelings, just for what they do about them, which in her case was keep them hidden. Those lies about where she was were white lies, as well as being very normal and human. She didn't tell Oosugi about Akira in part because she didn't know if Akira would ever call her back.

I can sympathize with Oosugi all too well, but he hangs around her like a bad odor, never taking indifference for an answer, while being too nice a guy to tell off. I can't deny, however, that her comment in ep1 about him calling indicates she may take a small delight in knowing at least someone likes her that much, even if she doesn't like him that much. Not the best way to be, but very normal and interesting.

3. Mystique, as for whether there should be spoilers in these threads, I am against it, but if the majority of people in the thread want to use spoilers, that's okay, I will too. However, the last time I said that, a mod said that no vote was necessary, the rule is that spoilers aren't required.

To tell the truth, I've been through this discussion too many times not to feel quite angry when someone accuses me of lacking "common courtesy" over this.

My point has always been that these threads are useful because they mean we can write without burying our comments in spoilers. If we can't, we might as well keep using the general thread. What are you doing in a thread about an episode if you haven't seen the episode? If you want to speculate, do it in the previous episode thread or in the speculation thread. Rather than that, you want to hang around here and force everyone to put their comments in spoilers for your convenience. Is that courtesy?

4. Another thing I liked about the riding away scene, hamstar, was how Akira zoomed in front of the truck and slipped by it. It gave a feeling of danger, and also of him being determined and skillful. As well as symbolizing Oosugi's feelings, as you say.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.