View Single Post
Old 2010-08-27, 21:22   Link #1
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Diary of a Moe-Tsundere

So, I fell in love with K-On! (and Mio <3) so much that I felt like writing a fun little story to express my fanboyism. There will be character development in this one, don't worry. :P But don't treat this like a professional Shakespearean literature piece, 'coz it's not. It's just a fun story expressed from my heart, with possibly lots of grammatical errors and the such.

Edit:
This fan fic has officially turned badass serious. :P

Edit 2:
The fic's now on FF.net:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6316236/1/Fictitious

This one is obviously Mio-centered, with her getting into a relationship and such. But beyond that cliche storyline lies a nice little development in the MioxRitsu friendship. And of course, some of my opinions of the show and the characters are incorporated into the story as well.

Other than that, enjoy.

Diary of a Moe-Tsundere
Chapter One - Spark!

May 4th, 2009
Cloudy

The fairy tale didn't receive its happy ending. I never imagined that something this chaotic would happen to the Keion Club.

I never imagined something like this would happen to me.

'C'mon, Mio. Everything's going to be okay,' he would say.

Heh. Like Hell it's gonna be. Nevertheless, that would comfort me anyway.

That's just Flare for you, always with his sugar-coating. But I guess I'm jumping ahead of myself for this entry…

Let's start when it all began, several months ago… when a moth flew too close to the flame.

~~~~

It was the start of a new year. Ritsu, Yui, Mugi and I were entering our second year of high school, but I was placed in a separate class from the others…

Thank God for Nodoka. Turns out, she was in the same class as me.

And somebody else as well…

"Great. Since I'm in a different class than Yui, I was worried I wouldn't know anyone here. So, for this next year, le-"

"Let's work together!"

Nodoka was a bit freaked out when I jumped at her. Heh, can't blame her.

But, that was when I caught sight of him, staring at me from a nearby table. He quickly turned away when I returned that stare out of curiosity. I wasn't particularly annoyed, as it wasn't an unfriendly - or perverse - stare.

Rather quickly, I turned my attention back to Nodoka, who had also caught sight of that boy. Neither of us knew how significant an impact he would later bring to my life, but I guess that's just how fate works.

~~~~

"Anyway, we'll be performing four songs at tomorrow's concert, so please come see us."

"Please vote for us!"

Ui and her friend, Jun, came along to visit our Keion Club that day. From Jun's expression, it was obvious that we didn't make the best impression. It would had been extremely downhearted if that person didn't came visiting our club later on…

No, no, not Azusa, though I am glad she came.

No, it was somebody else that came soon after Ui left…

"Sigh, that could've gone better," I commented, slouching by our little tea table immediately after Ui left.

"I thought Ui enjoyed that quite a lot," replied Yui, the sister of said person.

"I was talking about Jun…"

"Don't worry about it!" interjected Ritsu, being cheery about the situation - as always, "We're going to make an even better impression tomorrow at the concert! I know of it."

Her thumbs up and confident smile made me feel better, somehow.

But it was his entrance that really made my day, when he poked his pointed spike-head into our clubroom.

"Erm, is this the Keion Club?"

It was one of those unexpected moments which makes us pinch each other, to assure that we weren't dreaming.

We dashed forward towards the startled boy and welcomed him with open arms… Well, Ritsu did most of the 'open arms,' but I digress.

The boy has a slender torso. Though a bit plump down below, he is somewhat tall. And tanned. Not to mention having quite an appealing face- Ahem, I meant a distinctive one, such that I remembered it when he stepped into the room.

It was that same boy who stared at me in the classroom just now. Not that I was annoyed to see him.

"Welcome to the Keion Club!" Ritsu greeted warmly. "What instruments do you play?"

Compared to the former part of her greeting, her question regarding the boy's choice of instrument was shot out bluntly like a dagger. Ritsu had to make sure we didn't get another 'Yui' in the club. One is enough.

"Erm, I could play the drums a little bit."

Seeing Ritsu's enlightened expression, I figured she ignored the 'a little bit' part of his answer.

Drums, though easy to pick up, are of little interest to musicians, especially teenagers, irregardless of their importance to the band. Most would prefer to pick up the guitar or the bass. Not because either which has more potential in adding variety in music - simply because they are not as 'cool.'

Hence, finding another drummer, especially a guy, was probably the best thing that happened to her… so she thought at the time, anyway.

"So, what do we call you?" Tsumugi broke the silence, seeing how spaced-out Ritsu was.

"Ah, my name's Mosugi. Mosugi Tenjiru," he answered smiling.

"Mosu?" asked Ritsu curiously. "Kindle?"

Mosugi, without the '-gi,' means 'kindle.' A bad pun, really.

"Erm, yeah… it's just Mosugi, really."

I facepalmed, shaking my head. Our guest's nervous smile hinted that this was going to be another failed impression.

"I know! We'll call you Flare!"

I whacked.

"Be more serious, Ritsu!"

I quickly retracted my fist away when I saw him looking my way. Boy, how ironic it was for me to leave such a poor first impression of myself in trying not to make the club look anymore inferior than it seemed.

"Ah, sorry," I quickly remarked, my eyes staring on the floor. "We don't usually behave like this."

"We don't?" asked Yui with her usual absent-minded look.

"We don't!"

The boy giggled. The sound ringed familiar to me and Ritsu. It sounded like the same giggle Tsumugi let out when we first tried to get her to join the club.

We smiled.

"Looks like you are a fun bunch."

We stared at each other. Words like those remind me of how close we really are, how innocent the days we spent together have been.

"Yeah, we are," I answered, looking at the boy in the eye for the first time. I couldn't stop looking for a while.

"Hey… hello…"

My mind didn't really register Ritsu's hand gestures in front of my eyes for a minute there. Guess that boy's smile was more eye-catching than I thought.

"Erm… pleased to meet you, uh… are we in the same class- I mean, we are in the same class together, so…"

I guess his stuttering was a big clue-in to the others about the real reason the boy might had joined. The boy nicknamed Flare.

"Erm, Akiyama Mio… Nice to meet you, too."

The others were amused by this sight, tempted to tease both of us, yet wanting to leave us to ourselves in the room.

Well, most of them were amused anyway. Ritsu might had been smiling, too, but something grew inside of her that day.

Something not pretty.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-09-11 at 15:04.
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote