View Single Post
Old 2007-06-05, 11:00   Link #87
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Another solid episode of Sola, but there were some things that bothered me. First thing - continuity issue at the very start of the ep. Can Aono teleport now as well ? What the heck was that inner child all about ? 0_o

Judging from her later performance, Matsuri seems to be holding back a hell of a lot of her power against Aono. She even seemed to be fine with the fact that she is going to be killed. Either there is more to this, or Matsuri needs to get a grip of her emotions and stand up for herself.

Yorito's VA ... you know, this is the first time i am going to complain about voice acting, but this was borderline terrible. Seriously ... the guy does just fine in "normal" speech (then again - what human wouldn't ), but when it comes to displaying emotions, i simply want to turn down the volume.

Takashi / Matsuri fight ... as always, well done and doesn't lack tension. But damn - has Matsuri gotten stronger ? If this is the power she has while heavily injured, why didn't she simply rip Takashi's head off in the 1st ep ? (aside from the fact that she seems a pacifistic creature).

Takashi ... ok, lets ignore the fact that he suddenly seems capable of the same speed as Matsuri and/or has taken teleportation lessons from Aono. Where did he pull that sword out from ? 0_o A sword that isn't affected by Yaka powers, and his conviction that killing a Yaka can turn rozen-loli back to normal ... where do they come from? It better not be from thin air >.< ... are we going to have an evil, mysterious man introduced who manipulates Takashi for his own selfish goals ?

Mayuko stopping Takashi ... while it seems like she could have told him that long ago, i think it has to do with the fact that she had gotten to know Matsuri. Either that, or Takashi really hadn't been telling her what is he up to. (seems somewhat unlikely, considering how close they seem).

Mana keeps gathering points for herself. This is a friend you would kill to have. Out of the whole cast, she is the one most concerned about Yorito, and willing to lend her help unconditionally. Her conversation with Aono at the door earns her more points.

Yorito ... what caused his sudden headache? Aono's direct doing? Aftereffects of the midraping? *crackshot incoming* - perhaps he is starting to regain his memories ?

Matsuri woke up just in time to hear Mayuko's wish ... perhaps this will finally cause her to shape up and put a food down in front of Aono. Speaking of Matsuri ... damn, the poor girl needs something good happen to her ... else i will chew on some one's head

So, Takashi / Mayuko story seems to be over ... or is it. They still could play a role in the story, but i wouldn't bet on that. (What i would pay for a hunting session of Aono *dreams* ).

Giving this ep an 8.
Despite some flaws this show has, Sola remains as my no1 pick of the season. Eagerly looking towards the next episode.