View Single Post
Old 2006-11-05, 18:29   Link #100
Khym Chanur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the main flaw of this thing is the fact that there is no huge deal with hinamizawa people at Watanagashi-hen and meakashi-hen, so the queen theory is wrong.
Ah, sorry, I wasn't being specific enough. I know that the queen theory is wrong, what I was wondering is what Takano and her grandfather believe about the queen theory. Her grandfather noted that if a villager left and started developing symptoms, that the symptoms would go away as soon as s/he talked with the current queen carrier. Is this a part of Takano's theory, or did her grandfather discard this belief from the queen theory before his death?

Quote:
If i recall right, rika said that she once tried to survive by herself and she hide in the woods. ironically, this was the time she survived the longest period ever. (i don't remember how many hours...)
Has Rika never tried to prevent the first the Watanagashi murder/disappearance? I would think that Rika would think "Maybe if I prevent the first Watanagashi incident, I'll stop all the incidents, and my parents won't become victims, even if it doesn't prevent me from dying", and give it a try in at least one reboot. The the first incident would be the easiest one to both understand and to prevent, and if she (unknowingly) prevented Takano from acquiring the first live L5 test subject, things would go a lot differently, and she'd know that she was onto something, so I guess she never tried; I wonder why. I guess she believes that the Watanagashi incidents are just unconnected coincidences?

Quote:
the problem : each different action can lead a different result.
however, the events in hinamizawa can change.
example : rika didn't do anything, but keiichi learns about the hinamizawa serial murders differently (the worse case was he discovered too early while he didn't have a solid trust for his friends, and their denial drive him paranoid).
Seemingly unimportant actions that Rika takes could indirectly lead to a series of events that causes important changes down the road. For instance, in one reboot Rika could bump into a woman carrying a shopping bag, causing the bag to drop and a jar to break. The woman has to go back to the grocery store to buy another jar, which causes her to be late for something, which causes A, which causes B, which causes C, and so on, ultimately resulting in Ooishi asking Keiichi about Tomitake, leading to Keiichi going crazy. In other reboots, she doesn't bump into the woman, so Keiichi never learns about that Watanagashi incidents early enough to trigger his syndrome.

And an unimportant question (but I'm curious): one of the Pieces reveals that the syndrome researchers intend to trepan Rika so that they can get a sample of her cranial fluid. Does the game ever show the hole in Rika's head?