View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 09:44   Link #1754
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
There is a duration in when it has cool down and he was hit at that time he could die.
There is no cooldown, or at least I couldn't find mention of one in any of the summaries or comments I've read.

There is however a mental trauma involved. Even if his body is perfectly fine his brain knows he got shot and that it should hurt. That is the "phantom pain" that was mentioned in the summaries. Kinda like when you are hypnotized to think there is an open flame under your arm. Most people would still describe a burning sensation and in extreme cases a welt rises on the skin even with nothing physically wrong. This perception would only be reinforced by the conviction that it really happened.

Theoretically a mental trauma severe enough could disturb his ability to use magic, but Tatsuya is pretty stoic though so that seems unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
^^ I think phantom pain is the prize that Tatsuya get for using Self-regen or Regrow.
The "price" he pays for regrowth is slightly different though. In order to reboot somebody else he needs to read their eidos history with his body, and all the pain they experienced in the time up to the point they got injured is felt by him in the space of a fraction of a second. Not a huge deal with minor injuries, but you can see the problems.

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-12-08 at 09:56.