View Single Post
Old 2007-09-18, 12:17   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Now speculation and debate is whether there going to have a 3rd season. Part of me hopes they do just to see if they can redeem themselves for what they did. Because really who cares about Anies i never heard of a minor supporting character get more screen time and revelation about the past than the main characters.
Well, I see a lot of complaining about this, and maybe it was belaboured a bit (could have maybe trimmed it down a tad), but I think that the reason they focused on it so much is because it was tied to the larger question of this season -- the nobility of war. They had to dig into the past so that the change in Colbert's perspective became evident, which is what caused Saito to re-examine his own beliefs. The transformation in Anies is also very important, and ties into the development of Louise's perspective. This all contrasts with Henrietta's perspective on the war, and those of the leader of the opposing forces. At the beginning of the show, everyone's perspective is pretty static, but all the events of the series force everyone (except the "real bad guys") to re-examine their point of view, which presumably will lead to peace and the end of the war.

So... all that to say that, though I don't dispute the switch in focus is a bit weird at first, I think there is a method to their madness. The other thing is that I haven't read the novels, so maybe that changes the way I'm looking at the story a bit. But all in all, I really don't feel as much hatred towards this season as some people do -- the change in creative staff is apparent, but I don't necessarily think it's for the worse. It wouldn't surprise me to see a third season, but we'll see how sales go.