View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 14:08   Link #1046
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Then let me introduce a reductio ad absurdum: If names aren't a big deal, what about changing music, removing part of the game, changing systems "to localize it better"? Would that be still "not a big deal"?
We're just talking about the names of the characters here. Everything else is irrelevant. But if you want an an answer, localization needs to have it's limits and if changing a character's name warrants a foreigner being able to find the character endearing, then it's a acceptable change because it's not severe enough to affect the other things you mention.

Quote:
I am still playing the Japanese version (almost finished now). And it's pretty clear she's a reference by just looking at her goddess form. And I repeat: we're not talking about references here but names that NISA, insulting the player intelligence, believes are not sufficiently direct.
So you think they're insulting your intelligence huh? Maybe it's not you they're putting into consideration when changing the names but those who don't have any knowledge of the game and it's origins prior to purchasing it. There's always a possibility, even if it's very small, that someone outside the niche target audience will give the game a try.

Quote:
Sorry but that's not true. It made seemed that Neptune was kind of obssessed with food, while it's not the case, there was no mention of it in the original dialogue. And Trick got much, much worse. In the original he says about himself that he's a maniac and rarely rambles despite his obsession. NISA's dialogue, instead, turned him in a semi-pedo guy.
Aaaaaaand? The gluttonous aspect of Neptune's character is not what makes up her core personality. That belongs to her air-headedness and genki-ness which is sufficiently expressed in the localization already. CFW Trick's pedophilic tendencies get across to the audience that he's a lolicon too, so I still don't see the problem.