View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 16:59   Link #1053
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
But, as Klashikari showed, they do not retain their features. And the game has not been made to appeal to NA people, despite Idea Factory's intention to sell it overseas (as per financial results). Hence something will be lost no matter how one tries.
Neptune's still an air-headed genki girl and Trick's still a lolicon like they were intended to be. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Even if they show it differently from the Japanese version they still have the same general personality. That's perfectly okay as they're not completely different characters anymore.

And the game was made for a Japanese audience sure, but it's being localized to a North American audience, so it's the localizers' job to make sure it can appeal to North Americans with as subtle edits as possible.

Quote:
Is that difficult to let the players decide themselves? I think not. NISA also instead of trying to stick with its decision makes up extremely odd excuses, and has been doing this more than once.
For the record I'm not trying to defend Nippon Ichi America. I haven't really played any games they've localized except for Neptunia so I don't really care about them. I'm mostly trying to say that changing a character's name during localization is okay in Neptunia's case and not that big of a deal.