View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 13:25   Link #10815
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
That would be your opinion. One unsupported by the series, I might add.
Unsupported my ass. Everyone reads the series in their own way. Things in the series you like I might not like, things I like in the series you might not like. It's childish to claim ownership of everything "good" in the series, as if your own likes/dislikes quantify in some supreme quantity.

Quote:
You do realize that Erza has over a hundred different armors and over 200 weapons? If pre-established information breaks your immersion, then I don't see how you can read any story, ever.
The problem is simply that she broke the story telling to wear that armor, nothing more. Nobody is denying Erza has a lot of fff-ing armors, swords and tampons. It's like if suddenly for the sake of the some other plot twist she completely loses all her armors forever for no reason all, no event no nothing just "oh, can't use magic anymore, oups".

Quote:
Because they all establish information that comes back later. And you must really hate Erza, since the first time she showcased any armor, it must have broken your immersion. Such as the first time she used her Heaven's Wheel armor, or the first time she used her Adamantine armor, or the first time she used her Lightning Empress armor...
Why? It followed the story, so I don't care.

Quote:
But I guess, per your own words, you'll stop following this series, then. Because odds are, we are gonna see yet more new armors from her in the future, and according to you, it gets worse everytime that happens. So, this manga will get worse and worse.

I feel your pain, man...
Way to be butthurt over nothing. This is a discussion, I don't need no counseling in how to become "the better FT fan."