View Single Post
Old 2014-06-16, 13:40   Link #357
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Portugal is still stronger than Ghana and Usa, but they got smashed pretty badly. It will be important to see their mental reaction on the next match against Usa, if they can forget today, reset and go ahead they should still get through next phase, otherwise it'll be though. At any rate, not having Pepe in the upcoming match can be seen as an advantage since the team's nervousness will instantly decrease..
Possibly not having Almeida and Coentrao especially will sadly also hurt them. Ronaldo, Nani and Moutinho really must step up if they want to advance. Especially now with the -4 goal differential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Which of the two is showing no respect for the opponent? I've always been puzzled by this dilemma (because while I don't like massacres, I also like to see goals, so I'm always a bit torn when this happens ).
In US sports where point differential doesn't matter this is called running up the score. And I've seen quite a lot of people complain about it being dirty when teams supposedly keep the foot on the pedal and do it.